Copyright and disclaimer
Here’s where you’ll find the copyright and disclaimer for Trading Standards' content.
Crown Copyright ©
Except where stated otherwise, this website and the information on it is protected by copyright owned by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) on behalf of the Crown.
Unless otherwise indicated (either below or within the specific information), Crown copyright material on tradingstandards.govt.nz is licensed for re-use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International Licence.
In essence, you're free to copy, distribute, and use the material, for any purpose other than commercial purposes. You need to get our permission first if you want to use it commercially.
This licence doesn't apply to:
- any logos, emblems and trademarks on the website
- the website’s design elements
- any photography and imagery.
Please note that neither the MBIE emblem nor the New Zealand Government logo may be used in any way that infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981, or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand.
Contact us if you wish to reproduce any of these items.
Copyright of third parties
We can't give permission to re-use third party copyright material on this site. This includes material on websites you may access through links from this site. You will need to contact the copyright holder directly for permission.
Contact us if you're unsure about who holds the copyright.
The information available on or through this website includes information provided by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and information provided by third parties (providers of information).
MBIE endeavours to ensure that the information on tradingstandards.govt.nz is reliable and accurate at the time of publishing, however:
- Neither MBIE, nor any of its employees, contractors, and providers of information, make any express or implied representations or warranties regarding the material and facilities contained or referred to in this site.
- MBIE, its employees, contractors and providers of information don't accept any liability, for any reason whatever, for any loss or damage that may arise in any way:
- out of the use of any of that material or facilities
- from errors in or omissions from that material or facilities, or
- from inaccuracy of any information obtained through use of this site.
- MBIE is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to, or referenced on this website. The inclusion of, or reference to any link to another website, or reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service, whether by trade name, trade mark, manufacture, or otherwise, does not constitute an endorsement, verification or recommendation by this site, MBIE or the New Zealand Government.
- MBIE may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal or professional advice.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.